Catherine Simpkins owns and operates Speedy Print Co. During February, Speedy Print Co. incurred the following costs in acquiring two printing presses. One printing press was new, and the other was used by a business that recently filed for bankruptcy.
Costs related to new printing press:
1. Sales tax on purchase price
3. Special foundation
4. Insurance while in transit
5. New parts to replace those damaged in unloading
6. Fee paid to factory representative for installation
Costs related to used printing press:
7. Fees paid to attorney to review purchase agreement
10. Repair of vandalism during installation
11. Replacement of worn-out parts
12. Repair of damage incurred in reconditioning the press
(a) Indicate which costs incurred in acquiring the new printing press should be debited to the asset account.
(b) Indicate which costs incurred in acquiring the used printing press should be debited to the asset account.
Using budget data, how many Apple iPhone 4’s would have to have been completed for Danshui Plant No. 2 to break even? 2. Using budget data, what was the total expected cost per unit if all manufacturing and shipping overhead (both variable and fixed) were allocated to...