Assume that Fielder Enterprises uses the following headings on its balance sheet.
(a) Current assets
(c) Property, plant, and equipment
(d) Intangible assets
(e) Other assets
(f) Current liabilities
(g) Long-term liabilities
(h) Capital stock
(i) Paid-in Capital in excess of par
(j) Retained earnings
Indicate by letter how each of the following usually should be classified. If an item should appear in a note to the financial statements, use the letter ?oN?? to indicate this fact. If an item need not be reported at all on the balance sheet, use the letter ?oX.??
1. Unexpired insurance.
2. Stock owned in affiliated companies.
3. Unearned subscriptions revenue.
4. Advances to suppliers.
5. Unearned rent revenue.
6. Preferred stock.
7. Premium on preferred stock.
9. Petty cash fund.
10. Sales tax payable.
11. Accrued interest on notes receivable.
12. Twenty-year issue of bonds payable that will mature within the next year. (No sinking fund exists, and refunding is not planned.)
13. Machinery retired from use and held for sale.
14. Fully depreciated machine still in use.
15. Accrued interest on bonds payable.
16. Salaries that company budget shows will be paid to employees within the next year.
17. Discount on bonds payable. (Assume related to bonds payable in No. 12.)
18. Accumulated depreciation.